Quaint little chapel with a 125-year history
This quaint little chapel has kept the Roman Catholic faith alive that was brought here centuries ago by the Portuguese. During the Dutch days it was the far bigger more austere Dutch Reformed Church that was in vogue, but when the British opened the new entrance of Galle Fort in 1873, they turned this Dutch house into a church .
Nice to know
Service is every day of the week at 5.30 pm, except on Saturdays. All are welcome.